Mixed U7s Pathway Laws
- Develop a love of the game in children
- Develop evasion skills with ball in two hands and standing pass to standing receiver
AIMS - RATIONALE
" Invasion by evasion" that is scoring tries by evasive running Introduce accurate stationary passing"
- AGE: Under seven as on the first of September at the start of the season.
- TEAM SIZE: Five a side with unlimited substitutions. The WRU requires that both teams shall field the same number of players throughout the game.
- PERIODS OF PLAY: Two halves each of up to 10 minutes playing time - maximum 20 minutes of play.
- PLAYING AREA: 50m (Length) x 40m (W idth) maximum. 40m (Length) x 30m (Width) minimum.
- BALL SIZE: Size three.
- KICKING: None.
- LINEOUT: No, free pass from five metres in from the touch line.
- SCRUMMAGE: None.
- COACH QUALIFICATION: Tag/Level one.
- REFEREE QUALIFICATION: Tag Leaders Award.
- GAMES, MATCHES, COMPETITIONS, FESTIVALS: No Inter Club / Inter School Leagues. W here teams have entered Festivals (which start and fi nish on the same day) it is recommended that each game should not exceed 10 minutes (maximum) each half. W here possible clubs are encouraged to organise more than one opposition 'Round Robin' scenario i.e. each team plays each other for 10mins (maximum). This is recommended for 3 to 4 teams maximum. It is recommended for development and participation purposes that all players play at least one half every game. Half A Game is expected to be applied at this age group. For a full Half A Game resource please click here
TAG RUGBY RULES:
- Game to start with a free pass.
- Team conceding try to restart.
- Six tags, ball is turned over to opposition.
- Tagged player must play the ball (pass) within three seconds of being tagged.
- Tackler must hand back the tag to the attacking player before continuing to play, persistent infringement will result in the awarding of a penalty.
- Players must leave and enter the field of play at the halfway touchline.
- They must remove two tags and hand them over to substitute entering the field to place upon belt before replacement can effect.
- Substitutes must wear tag belts but with no tags.
- A player must have two tags before scoring a try, however if a tag is removed whilst scoring a try the try is awarded.
- If a player crosses the line with one tag, he/she is brought back out five metres from the try line with the tag count continuing.
- Players must stay on feet to score a try.
- Spinning out of contact away from the tackler is allowed.
- No hand-off allowed.
- Carrying the ball in two hands is encouraged but not a tag rugby rule.
- Free pass for all penalties.
- No Under U7 players should play contact rugby (i.e. 2 years above).
- The length of a TAG should be no less than 37.5cm (15") and no more than 40cm (16")
- Rolling substitutions is permitted