Full Game Level 3
QUALIFICATION: WRU LEVEL 3 (UKCC L3CCRU)
COURSE COST: £350
Compulsory Pre Course Tasks
Laws of the Game - Click Here
N.B. Must be within one year of you attending the course
Recommended Prior Learning
Scrum Ready - Click Here
Off the Top - Click Here
To provide candidates who have an ongoing involvement in coaching rugby union with the necessary skills, knowledge and experience to deliver a coaching programme and demonstrate their rugby union coaching ability. The Certificate offers an opportunity for candidates to be given support to effectively apply the principles of performance profiling, goal setting and designing, planning and evaluating a rugby union coaching programme and practice.
It also aims to enable the candidate to create an effective coaching environment, establish supportive working relationships and manage the behaviour of players and others. This is achieved through an understanding and the application of the underpinning knowledge of the Level 3 NOS in Coaching, Teaching and Instructing and the Level 3 Rugby Union Technical Definition and Assessment Specification.
On successful completion of the Level 3 Certificate in Coaching Rugby Union, candidates should be able to:
• establish potential performance benchmarks / indicators
• establish players' current and potential performance needs
• establish and agree goals with the players and others
• design a rugby union coaching programme that meets the identified needs of the team and players
• plan a detailed training cycle or phase associated with an aspect of the rugby union coaching programme
• plan an evaluation schedule for the rugby union coaching programme
• establish and maintain a safe coaching environment for players and others
• establish and maintain supportive working relationships with players and others
• manage players' and others' behaviour to ensure a safe and effective Rugby Union coaching environment
• prepare players and others for the coaching programme
• deliver a rugby union coaching programme
• develop players' performance within the coaching programme
• monitor and evaluate players' performance and development
• monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the coaching programme
• monitor, evaluate and develop personal coaching practice
• monitor, review and support the development of the coaching practice of others
The L3CCRU comprises six units of assessment (see below). The five generic units must be assessed in the context of Unit 6, which includes the technical aspects of rugby union coaching at this level. These units constitute the format of the Level 3 Certificate in Coaching, which is composed of five generic mandatory units and a number of optional units. For further information about the Level 3 Certificate in Coaching and its optional units, visit http://www.openquals.org.uk/.
LEVEL 3 CERTIFICATE IN COACHING RUGBY UNION
Analyse performance and goal setting
Design a coaching programme
Manage a safe and effective coaching environment
Deliver a coaching programme
Evaluate and develop a coaching programme and practice
Coaching Rugby Union
Entry Requirements: Candidates must be over 18 years of age before certification and hold a Level 2 (UKCC L2CCRU) Certificate.
COURSE ARRANGEMENTS / OUTLINE
• The course is 40hrs in duration over five days
• The course is by invitation only
This resource has been tagged...