Cats & Dogs
EquipmentCones, Tag Belts
- Set up a Grid roughly 20m x 20m
- Players to pair off, both to wear TAG Belts
- Each player to stand one metre away from their partner at a mid line in the grid. One side of the grid to be called CATS, the other side DOGS.
- On the call from the coach e.g. CATS, player would run to their side of the grid 10m away, DOGS to try and TAG them before they reach end of grid
- This can be done for both sides
- Accelerate away from partner by using leg and arm drive
- Focus on Tagging area
- Correct Tagging process
Variation / Progression
- Coach to incorporate CATS & DOGS into a storyline…
- Increase/ Decrease size of Grid Players to start from different positions -eg lying on their stomachs. Bring in the use of a ball for one of the sides.
This resource has been tagged...