Rear Tackle (tackle from behind)
NumbersGroups of 2
- Working in pairs in a grid 5m x 5m
- Ball carrier, tackler to be in the squat position a pace directly behind the ball carrier
- On the signal the tackler is to complete the tackle from the rear
- Focus on the target area - the back of the attackers thighs
- Get as close to the ball carrier feet in close for a greater chance of completing the tackle - chin off chest
- Make contact with shoulder on the opponent's thigh and position head to one side of their leg
- Finish on top of the attacker.
- Band of steel Grip
- Regain feet and contest the ball/roll away
Variation / Progression
- Speed of the tackler and attacker, progress to walking then jogging and running
- Both shoulders
This resource has been tagged...