2 v 1 Introduction
NumbersGroups of 3
- In groups of 3
- Number players 1,2 and 3.
- Players 1 & 2 are attackers. Player 3 is the defender. Defender to start from between A1 & Cone B
- Activity is directional
- Aim is for A1 to engage Defender.
- Rotate players role so all experience passing and intercepting
- Encourage players to
- Look up and scan where the defender and attacker are standing
- Ball carrier to engage defender by attacking their inside shoulder
- Foot movement to draw defender away from support player
- Receiver has hands up to receive the ball
- Receiver to call for the ball
- Pass accurately - hands finishing at the target
Variation / Progression
- Begin with static defender
- Allow defender to move sideways only
- Allow defender to move freely from start position
- Game: Continuous 2 v 1 with attackers looking to score on alternate try lines for 5 attempts. Defender always aligns opposite starting ball carrier. Defender to keep score.
This resource has been tagged...