2 v 1 Loop Rugby
NumbersGroups of 3
• 2 v 1 Rugby
• Wide pitch to allow space for looping players
• First receiver and 2nd receiver must run a loop - decision
• First receiver and 2nd receiver must run a loop - player make decisions on whether they complete the loop based on reading the opposition
• Attackers to scan and be aware of positioning of Defenders and fellow Attackers
• Attackers to identify gaps in defence line 1st receiver must run straight initially to engage their defender, ensuring they don't drift before passing
• Attacker 2 angles their run slightly in towards the ball to engage their defender and receives the ball.
• Attacker 2 passes to Attacker 1 when Attacker 1 has crossed behind Attacker 2 and is on their outside. Pass is front on to opposition
Variation / Progression
• Attackers can align as they choose
• Attackers must all align on one side of the touched player
This resource has been tagged...