NumbersGroups of 4/5
In groups of 4/5 a nominated player becomes the dragon and has to try to intercept the passes made by the players. Change the Dragon regularly. The aim is to keep the ball away from the Hungry Dragon. Dependent on numbers, may be whole group or split into smaller grids (5m x 5m)
- What decisions have to be made now there is a dragon?
- What can you do to help the ball carrier?
Passing the ball
- Ball in two hands
- Focus on target
- Timing of release
Receiving the ball
- Call for the ball
- Provide a target (jazz hands)
- Move into space
Variation / Progression
- Set targets for number of passes made
- Set targets for number of interceptions made
- Once the ball is intercepted the number of passes starts at zero again.
- Change group size i.e. 6 v 2, 5 v 3
This resource has been tagged...