Pass in Traffic - Lateral Passing
Numbers4 or more
Players 1,2,3,4 start lateral passing down to the opposite line, as they reach the halfway mark Players 5,6,7,8 start lateral passing down to the opposite line. The first groups reaches the bottom line turn and immediately continue lateral passing back up to the start line. Players 9,10,11,12 start lateral passing as the first group turn at the bottom line. This will create crossovers between the 3 groups so as well as practising the lateral pass the players must make decisions on when to pass and changing of running lines if needed.
• Receiver hands towards the ball to receive pass
• Receiver calls for the ball
• Passer - Hands finishing at the target
• Passer - Hips staying square to the cone
• Players must scan left, right and straight ahead in order to make decisions over running lines and timing of passes
Variation / Progression
• Vary pass as applicable
• Increase the width of channels
• Decrease the length of the channel
• Increase the number of groups
• Players can change running lines
This resource has been tagged...