5 player scrum
- 5 player scrum - To ensure that players have the correct technical help when creating a 5 player scrum.
- 1 v 1 Body Profile (warm up)
- 3 player scrum v 3 adults with Shields
- 5 player scrum v 3 adults with Shields Revisit engage sequence
- 1 v 1 (see previous coaching points)
- 3 player scrum (see previous coaching points)
- 2nd rows should bind on each other at chest level (as a general rule the taller 2nd row should bind over the top of the shorter 2nd row to ensure their shoulders are in line) and around the hips of the appropriate prop.
- Each prop needs to twist their hips outwards ("open the gate") to allow the 2nd rows to put their heads into the scrummage
- 2nd Rows either squat or kneel on their inside knee at the formation stage
- The 2nd row should place their shoulder on the buttocks (top of the thigh) on their prop.
- The props then "close the gate" by twisting their hips inwards
Variation / Progression
- 1 v 1 reminder of key points from previous sessions
- 3 player static scrum
- 5 player static scrum
- 5 v 5 if numbers available
- Game of touch/contact - every restart/infringement starts with a 5 player scrum (all players given opportunity to scrummage). If numbers limited use 3 v 3 (2 front row & 1 Second row)
This resource has been tagged...