Core Stability (Front Pillar Holds)
Front Pillar Bridge Exercise Get in a classic push up position; rest forearms so elbows are bent at 90 degree angles. Keep head and back straight hold in this position.
- Tips for core strengthening exercises
- Contract abdominal muscles throughout all exercises. keep belly button pressed into spine. This keeps the muscles close to the spinal column and provides spinal support.
- During exercises when both feet are on the floor, keep hips and spine in a neutral position.
- Move fluidly without throwing and jerking motions.
- Breathe slowly and smoothly throughout exercises.
Variation / Progression
- Front Pillar Bridge Exercise: Increase duration of hold position Hold body weight on one foot / one arm
This resource has been tagged...