Core Stability (Side Pillar Holds)
Side Pillar Bridge Exercise Lie on side, elbow tucked under, feet stacked on top of each other. Lift body so that only foot and elbow touch ground. Elevate hips and keep core tight.
- Tips for core strengthening exercises
- Contract your abdominal muscles throughout all exercises. Think of keeping your belly button pressed into your spine. This keeps you muscles close to your spinal column and provides spinal support.
- During exercises when both feet are on the floor, keep your hips and spine in a neutral position.
- Move fluidly without and throwing and jerking motions.
- Breathe slowly and smoothly throughout exercises.
Variation / Progression
- Side Pillar Bridge Exercise: Increase duration of hold position Raise top leg to perform a scissor movement
This resource has been tagged...