Inclusive Community Clubs – Overview
ICCs provide a fun, safe and inclusive environment for children aged 6-16 with any range of disability, siblings are also welcome to join in the fun.
Here’s the key points:
- ICCs are designed for the engagement of children and young adults with disabilities in the local community with non-contact tag-based rugby sessions.
- Due to the non-contact nature it is acceptable to have an age range of 6-16yrs old, however coaches have the discretion to split between age ranges once numbers sufficiently increase.
- Sessions must be delivered by a minimum of one qualified and correctly upskilled coach that holds a current DBS, along with an assistant coach and/or coach helpers in support.
- ICCs will be properly linked in to their regional rugby family, providing opportunities to participants in other inclusive rugby formats as they grow.
- Sessions should be tailored specifically to the participants however non-disabled siblings and friends should be made welcome.
For more information regarding ICCs in your region click HERE
This resource has been tagged...