U9-U11 Coaching Early Contact
U9-U11 Coaching Early Contact Resources
Welcome to Coaching Early Contact
To book on the New U9 - U11 Coaching early Contact course CLICK HERE! Min Age 16yrs.
To book on a free U9-U10-U11 CPD event near you CLICK HERE!
The main theme throughout mini rugby is to meet the needs of children. Fifteen-aside rugby does not meet those needs. Children need a modified game that fits their age and stage of learning and too often it's the children that are modified to meet the requirements of the game.
Mini rugby modifies the game without losing the essence of the game, which is important for the children.
All available research and observations show that children will have more fun and learn more playing a game with smaller teams and modified rules.
If children are to enjoy taking part in rugby they need to
- Take an active part in the game
- Form relationships and work together
- Develop their rugby skills and get better
- Be able to take part whatever their ability
- Develop personal skills
- Appreciate and demonstrate good sportsmanship • Understand the laws
- Be listened to
- Feel success through development.
Mini rugby aims to set realistic expectations. It focuses on the development of children rather than the result of the match. Children need to learn that cooperation is vital but also the joys that being part of a team can bring and rugby is a fantastic and exciting game that can teach those skills.
Mini rugby focuses on the introduction to contact and the following points are to be considered:
- Develop the player safely through the introduction to contact.
- Teach the safest points of tackling and being tackled.
- Introduce and develop the skills of passing out of the tackle, placement of the ball and passing off the ground
- Help children cope with the demands of the tackle area.
- Introduce and develop an effective contest for the ball after the tackle including support for the ball carrier
This resource has been tagged...
Youth Mini Rugby