3 v 1 Introduction
NumbersGroups of 4
- In groups of 4
- Number players 1,2, 3 and 4.
- Player 1 & 2 & 3 are attackers (A1, A2 & A3). Player 4 is a defender (D1)
- Player 1(A1) needs to engage defender to enable A2 & A3 to beat D1 successfully.
- Drill is directional
- Rotate players role so all experience passing and trying to intercept the pass.
- Encourage players to
- Look up and scan where the defender and attacker are standing
- Ball carrier to engage defender by attacking their inside shoulder
- Foot movement to draw defender away from support player
- Receiver has hands up to receive the ball
- Receiver to call for the ball
- Pass accurately - hands finishing at the target
Variation / Progression
- Static Defender Only
- Allow defender to move side ways only
- Allow defender to move forwards progressing through walk, jog, run
- Allow defender to move freely from start position progressing through walk, jog, run
- Game: Continuous 3 v 1 with attackers looking to score on alternate try lines for 5 attempts. Defender always aligns opposite starting ball carrier. Defender to keep score.
This resource has been tagged...