NumbersGroups of 2
Practise drop kick restarts from one player to another. Players should be 5m to 10m apart depending on capability.
- Drop the ball straight so point of ball makes contact with the floor - this will enable the ball to bounce straight back up
- Head Position
- Contact with the ball
- Follow through
- Get foot under the ball
- PROCESSES - SAME, SAME, SAME!
Variation / Progression
- Balance exercises standing on 1 leg
- Introduce the ball • Throw ball up and catch on 1 leg
- Hold ball in 2 hands around middle and drop on point
- Practice getting foot under the ball for increased hang time
- Head down getting foot under ball aim for targets on side of the field
- Practice Drill - start on try line 5 metres from the post facing across the field try and hit the post moving backwards 5 metre every time you hit it.
This resource has been tagged...