Numbers4 or more
In pairs participants walk/jog around the grid inter-passing. On command players pass the ball back and fore to their partner, counting the number of passes they can make in a given period of time. Dependent on numbers, it is recommended that there are 4 pairs per 20m x 15m grid area.
Passing the ball
- Ball in two hands
- Aim for target - receiver's hands
- Timing of pass
Receiving the ball
- Call for the ball
- Provide a target (2 hands reaching towards the ball early
Variation / Progression
- Increase the running speed of players (ensure this is controlled)
- Increase the groups size i.e. from pairs to 4's etc
- Alter the type of pass i.e. above head only, knee height only, fast passing
This resource has been tagged...