3 player scrum including strike
EquipmentBalls, Shields, Tackle Bags
- 3 player scrum plus strike - To ensure that players have the correct technical help when creating a 3 player scrum, including the strike of ball.
- 1 v 1 Body Profile (warm Up)
- 3 player scrum against 3 adults with Shields.
- Revisit engage sequence
- Scrum half put in/throw in / hooker strike - See Scrum 5 activity
- 1 v 1 (see previous coaching points)
- 3 player scrum (see previous coaching points)
- Hooker using right foot, weight on left foot, reach out with foot towards entrance to tunnel on your left.
- Scrum half will throw ball in using 2 hands at a slight angle (pointing towards his hooker)
- Using instep pull ball back through LHP legs. It is not a kick back. Your left leg will be a little further back than your props to allow your right foot to pass it to hook the ball.
- Return to the 'square' position as soon as possible.
Variation / Progression
- 1 v 1 reminder of key points from previous sessions
- 3 player static scrum
- Introduce throw in / strike
- Can be practiced in isolation with scrum half and hooker against wall/chair/pads/machine. (Can include Loosehead)
- 3 v 3
- Game of touch/contact - every restart/infringement starts with a 3 player scrum (all players given opportunity to scrummage). Include correct throw in and strike
This resource has been tagged...