Individual Scrummage Drills – Timber & Leopard Holds
TIMBER HOLDS AIM: Develop good tension and core strength.
- Pair up front row players
- Player 1 leans forwards supported by Player 2 who holds Player 1 at both biceps
- Player 2 removes one hand at a time. Player 1 must hold position without dropping away Description: LEOPARD HOLDS AIM: Core strength and Stability, Grip Strength
- Player 1 forms into a strong press up position over a cone
- Player 2 attempts to move Player 1 from over the cone with safe & supervised pushing or pulling movements
- Emphasis on gripping the ground and tension strength in the core
- Wide base of support
This resource has been tagged...