Neck Strength and Mobility Exercises
Manual Resistance Place heel of hands on forehead. Apply pressure with hand, resist with neck. Adjust pressure according to own strength. Keep neck still against the resistance. Use this method for front, back and both sides of the neck. See Diagram Move neck forwards and backwards, side to side and turn from left to right.(Smooth controlled motion, don't jerk or bounce)
- Tips for core strengthening exercises
- Contract abdominal muscles throughout all exercises. Keep belly button pressed into spine. This keeps the muscles close to the spinal column and provides spinal support.
- During exercises when both feet are on the floor, keep hips and spine in a neutral position.
- Move fluidly without and throwing and jerking motions.
- Breathe slowly and smoothly throughout exercises.
Variation / Progression
- Adjust pressure according to own strength
This resource has been tagged...