Senior Clubs Compete in the following competitions within the Scarlets Region:
Senior 1st XV teams compete in National Leagues from Premiership down to Division 4 as well as National Cup, Plate and Bowl competitions.
There is a variety of playing opportunities within the Region for Clubs able to field a 2nd XV.
The premier 2nd XV competition is the National Conference League and is played at a local level for 2nd XV teams who can field regular squads and play on a regular basis with fixtures being set Nationally.
For clubs that wish to compete on a more local level the Llanelli and District League Competition is available. You must be a member of Llanelli and District to compete in the League. All fixtures, rules and regulations are administered by Llanelli and District.
Senior Cup/Plate/Bowl Competitions
All 1st XV Clubs will compete in the appropriate National Cup, Plate and Bowl Competition.
West Wales Cup
All Clubs wishing to take part must be members of the West Wales Rugby Union.
A Cup, Plate and Bowl competition is organised and clubs (dependent on which division in the National League) are placed into the relevant competition. The West Wales Rugby Union manage and organise the above competitions.
- WWRU Cup competition will only be open to clubs who have signed the WRU Statement of Truth (Non- payment of players).
- The Competition will run on a League basis with the top four teams at the end of the WWRU Cup Competition programme progressing to the Semi Final stage of their respective Competitions, which will then be run on a knockout basis.
- Each Club's WWRU Competition matches will be the first three 'home' and first three 'away' matches in its WRU allocated League fixtures. In the event of the match not being played the replacement fixture will be the next available game at the appropriate venue not included in the Club's WWRU Competition and from the Club's WRU League Programme.
- There will be two points for a win and one for a draw. In the event of a tie for any of the top four positions, the team with the greater number of tries will go forward. If this still results in a tie, the team with the bigger points difference will progress through to the Semi Finals.
- (a) NO PERMIT players will be allowed in the Semi Finals or Final other than for front row cover when a single (one) permit will be allowed, this player can only come from a club which has signed the Statement of Truth. The Permitted player may start the game in any front row position or else be named as one of the allowed substitutes.
Pembrokeshire and District Cup and Plate Competition.
Any member club of Pembrokeshire and District may enter the Cup Competiton.
This incorporates all clubs within District H.
First round cup fixtures are played in August and the losing team will then drop into the Plate competion. This gives the clubs the opportunity of a minimum of 2 fixtures.
The competition is administered by Pembrokeshire and District Committee.
Llanelli and District Cup and Plate 2nd XV
To take part in the above competition you must be a member club of Llanelli and District and complete a minimum amount of fixtures within the League.
Clubs enter the Cup Competition and first round losing teams then drop into the plate competition.
Finals of both Competitions are played at Parc Y Scarlets on a Saturday afternoon.
The competition is administered by Llanelli and District.
West Conference fixtures Click HERE
Representative Senior Rugby West Wales Inter District Squad
There is a current offering to players who play in Division 3 and below for West Wales member clubs to play representative rugby for West Wales in the National Inter District Competition.
Clubs nominate players for selection and a squad is elected to play in the competition.
West Wales were the inaugural winners of the competition last season.
This resource has been tagged...